25 February 2009

Fundraising . . . without the "fun"

Oh the joys of fundraising. If any of you have ever had to do fundraising for an event, you know what I'm talking about. It's a unique situation, one I can't even begin to describe to you. It's definitely one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do in my life. But there are great lessons to be learned from having to go through it.

The biggest lesson is learning to trust in God. I like being self-sufficient and taking care of things on my own, but apparently God has placed me in a position where I cannot provide for myself. I feel helpless and weak, but I'm learning that's where God wants me. He wants me in that place where I am relying completely on Him for all my needs, and fundraising gives you a great opportunity to do just that. I wish it didn't take such a situation in order for me to rely on Him, but that is what it has taken.

Pray for me. Pray for my funding, that God would be faithful to provide, and it would come in on time. And most importantly, pray for my faith. Pray that it would survive this testing, and prove to be a genuine, God-honoring faith.

No comments: