25 August 2008

Forge in a Fortnight

Move in day is a little under a fortnight away, and I am surprisingly feeling little emotion about it all. Which is not to say that I am not looking forward to it. I can't wait to get back to the place where so much spiritual growth was wrought and see God move me even more. Maybe it is still just too far away for the emotion to really kick in -- were I to let it loose now it would most likely consume me before I made it there. And it's also not to say that there is no apprehension in my mind. At times when I think about all that is required of me, I feel a bit overwhelmed and wonder what I have gotten myself into. I was actually talking to my mom about this last night at church dinner. Like she said to me: "You are about to go through one of the hardest things in your life; but one which will cause you to emerge a brand new, better man. It's kind of like mat drills, except for your spirit. This will be your spiritual mat drills."

Couldn't have said it better myself.

(And if you are wondering what mat drills are, ask me sometime and I'll let you know. Hint: it involves the University of Georgia, football, and 5:45am. )

No comments: