12 September 2008

Forge #2

"Indeed I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ." --Philippians 3:8

I just keep staring at this verse today, reading it over and over, hoping that it will become my life sentence. I don't know whether it's You or the Enemy, but I am feeling broken -- not in the usual sense, but in the sense that I just am not working right. I'm not strong enough, faithful enough, wise enough, smart enough--I don't read and study the Bible enough, not focused enough, not disciplined enough. I feel so far from the place where I think you want me, so unprepared to do the task you've set for me and live the life you have for me. How is it possible that through all my blessings I have missed so much you wanted for me? But I am encouraged by Mario Zandstra's words tonight -- you never know how the fabric of your life is woven. Weave away, my God. Weave away.

No comments: