20 September 2008

Forge #4

I am continually blown away by the many great friendships I have gained while here, especially in this short time. I feel truly blessed to have them around, for I know I have done nothing in my life to warrant the friendship of such amazing people. It is only by your grace that such fellowship and community have come to me, and I pray you will sustain them. So many great relationships for me have grown distant in recent months, even some of those made this summer, and I don’t want that to happen here. Sustain my friendship with these people, my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Injuries don’t really bother me that much. It can be a bummer at times because of some of the restrictions they place on certain actions, but overall I don’t mind. The main reason I dislike them is I have to sit on the sidelines. You know it is frustrating for me to be a spectator, not to be involved in the action. I don’t like having special attention paid to me because of my injury, and sometimes try to do too much on my own to maintain my self-sufficiency. I deny people the opportunity to bless me through service, and I don’t want to do that. Lord, give me the wisdom to recognize times where I can allow others to honor you through service, and accept it with gratitude and humility.

No comments: